Saturday, October 22, 2011

New Year, New Beginning

Just about every Jewish person looks at the Jewish New Year, and particularly Parshat Bereshit, as a new beginning. Why should I be different?
In our home I am privileged, B"H, to hear many divrei Torah (Torah thoughts) around our table. Sometimes I'm lucky enough to have a thought worth repeating myself. But if you asked me what Torah thoughts I've had over the past many years, I probably wouldn't remember many or any.
So, I decided to try to write down the thoughts I shared on Shabbat.
B"H the Jewish people are blesed with many brilliant women scholars. Unfortunately I'm not one of them. I'm not a Torah scholar. I'm a mother. I'm a writer. I'm a performer. I'm a videographer.
But I love learning Torah and I love sharing anything I learn.
I hope this blog will be a meaningful one.


Shema Beni Musar Avicha v'Al Titosh Toras Imecha


** 
For our next generation's pleasure. Share Savta's Torah memories:
http://www.chabad.org/kids/article_cdo/aid/528146/jewish/Chumash-Bereishit.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment