Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Vayishlach - Memories of Old Angels

Parshat Vayishlach has a special warm fuzzy feeling in my heart.
No, not because we find within it the origins of Kever Rachel for which I volunteered for many years. Not because our patriarch Jacob, Yaakov, defeated Esav's angel - although that was very gratifying. 
And not because Yaakov was reunited with his aged father - although that was very beautiful, although much belated.
I have a special spot in my heart for Parshat Vayishlach because of the record 613 Torah Avenue.
When Micha was a baby, I bought the set of records 613 Torah Avenue. I played in ceaselessly for Micha, Moshie and Natah. I think I loved the songs as much as the boys did.
I will never forget Vayishlach. I can still sing the tune: 
"Vayishlach Yaakov Malochim L’fonov
And Yaakov sent messengers to Esav". 
It is something that will always be with me.
Just out of curiosity, I googled 613 Torah Avenue and have found the songs on a Chabad Website. So, here it is, a song from my children's youth and my not-so-old too. (In fact, I think I'm going to add in the 613 Torah Avenue song to each of my blogs. ...What a great idea! ...Thank you. :) )
**
Please share Savta's Torah thoughts with our next generation, and let them enjoy this Parsha song of old:

No comments:

Post a Comment